November 30, 2007

Santa Monica Livin'

Let me tell you about how sweet my husband is....

Bradshaw woke up this morning around 6am as usual. I pulled him into my bed to see if he could coo beside me while I'd get some more sleep. Dustinn got up and headed for the shower. About 10 minutes later he came back to our room with a plate of cheesy scrambled eggs and apple juice singing a mix of my dad's "Good Morning to You" and "Happy Birthday." (It's not my birthday--Dustinn just likes being jolly.) He said he had just turned on the fan in the bathroom so I would think he was showering so he could bring me breakfast in bed.

Well anyway he insisted that I blow out the (imaginary) birthday candles and that I could make three wishes. Well, I'm not going to share the first two (way too personal) but my third wish I said "Stay home from work today and play with me and Bradshaw." Dustinn said "Your wish is granted."

Last night, Dustinn's manager had told him that they'd worked hard and gotten it done and to take the next day off. (This is one thing I LOVE about Monitor. Everyone works really hard; but if the work is done they don't expect you to come in to the office just to serve your time like some companies do.) Hooray!

Today has also been the first day it has rained while we have lived in Santa Monica. But it was still a very nice day. Dustinn and I (plus Bradshaw in the stroller) ran along the beach in shorts and t-shirts. Due to the weather and it being a work day, the beach was completely deserted and silent except for the waves and the seagulls. The light was streaming through the clouds; it was very lovely.

-Valery

1 comment:

Elisse Carma said...

Santa Monica sounds wonderful and exotic. Happy birthday Val!