April 11, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

One of the most wonderful things about coming to Utah is seeing family. I have Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, Cousins, 2 sisters and a brother all living in Utah. Sadly, there are a lot of loved ones we didn't get to see.
However, Bradshaw did get to meet his Great, Great, Great Aunt Tella. I'd like to describe her so you get a better picture. She is as tall as I am (5'9") but she has better posture. Even though I am one of her sister-in-law's descendents (and she has children, grandchildren & great grandchildren of her own to mind) she is aware of and inquires about current events in my life. She has big beautiful eyes and when she was asking me about my life....I just felt so much love and understanding from her that I began crying without any intention of doing so. Reflecting, I can feel that she has had this effect on many other people.

Bradshaw has gotten a lot of attention from famliy members. Here is a clip of my sister Kate entertaining him:

1 comment:

Janina Herbert said...

Val, i just love you! you were so eloquent in the way you described your experience with your Great,great,great,great(?) aunt! i miss you, though, and can't wait till you come back so we can get together again! enjoy UT and your family and we'll see ya soon!