November 18, 2008

14 Months: Let the Mischief Begin...

Bradshaw's gross & fine motor skills exploded last month. Some of the implications include:
  • removing the "childproof" locks from our cabinets
  • opening doors. He pushes the Sacrament Meeting doors open for other little kiddies to escape. Or, when I'm in the middle of dressing, he unlocks the door and leaves it wide open as he rushes out.
  • opening the fridge door (and inspecting the contents....Hmm, Mom this yogurt is dangerously near it's expiration!)
  • using anything and everything as a tool...including my pink tweezers. He was holding them when I put him in his high chair for lunch and, immediately, they became chopsticks. He stoically & meticulously picked up every crumb and was smacking his lips in satisfaction. (FunNy!) Anyway, Mom & Pop got the picture and he now eats every meal with a fork.
  • scribbling (Look at how he is holding it! Just like an adult. He adjusts the pen until it's just right.)
  • trying to put on his own shoes & socks (Unlike his parents who trudge though snow in flip-flops to avoid "foot suffocation," Bradshaw loves wearing socks.)
Some other funnies:
  • Kissing girls at church
  • Interpreting emotions. (I said "Brrr" and shivered. Bradshaw immediately stuffed his pacifier in my mouth and hugged me.)
  • Growling back at Dustinn
(Bradshaw's Great Great Grandma Orpha made this sweater.)

10 comments:

Erika said...

Wow! What a little personality! I can't believe he's already 14 months and I haven't even met him! :( Someday...

V said...

I know! That's so sad.
Dustinn and I definitely plan on visiting you guys...but it will probably still be a while. (But, did I tell you? My parents think they'll retire in Vancouver, WA. That's pretty close right?)

Lindy said...

Haha. Let the Mischief begin? I'm so glad you've mentally prepared yourself for what will come. :)Eww.. you let him eat with your tweezers? that is Ga-rody! What a sweet boy.. I hope he gives me his binky next Tuesday. Is he gonna remember me at all? :(

Erika said...

I tagged you. :)

pfunder said...

how on earth is he holding a pen like that? how old is he, ten?
by the way I need your address for xmas cards... thanks

Jodi said...

darn shawn, he was logged into my computer again. worse than the kids. this is jodi.

Amy said...

WOW, he is doing a lot of stuff! What a strong boy!

Deanna said...

He looks SO handsome in that sweater! really brings out the blue blue eyes. Orpha would be so proud! And was it Bradshaw that stole Carms the Great's dish-scrubber at the farm last summer?

D said...

What a perfect boy. I miss him a lot.

EmmaTheJane said...

that is amazing with the pen! JAmes is nearly four and he still grips it with his ENTIRE fist.