February 24, 2009

Ode to Pancho

Some of you might have seen some comments from the infamous "Pancho"? Pancho is a nickname for my youngest sister Polly; and Dustinn gave her this nickname.

[2007; Dustinn & I are in our bedroom at the family cabin; Polly is knocking on our door]
Dustinn: Who is it?
Polly: Polly
Dustinn: Who?!
Polly: Polly (last name)
Dustinn: Who?!
Polly: PANCHO!
Dustinn: Well why didn't you say so? Come on in.

So every time I see her clarify that it is indeed "Pancho" who left a comment, it makes me smile. This little lady is so full of zeal and spunk. One of her gifts is exuding love. She has never been shy to link arms, hug, give you a kiss on the cheek and tell you constantly how wonderful, beautiful, smart and perfect you are.

I often think about this--how each sibling brings so much character to our family. And since Polly is the baby, sometimes I panic and think, "What would my life be if my parents had decided to stop before Polly? Or before Hottie-Man? Or before..." Oh it makes me so sad!
I am very grateful for my parents and the huge sacrifices they made to have & raise us.

1 comment:

Nonnie said...

"Pollypop, pollypop, oh polly polly pop... GEE, MY POLLYPOP IS GREAT"