February 18, 2009

Sisters, Sisters.

My siblings and I had a magical childhood. We lived on the edge of the Blue Hills of California. We had all sorts of adventures running out the door into the tall grass and through the hills. We said we when all grew up we would build our homes side-by-side on that land. I think we even decided that each sibling/spouse would choose a different profession (doctor, dentist, architect) so our community would be self-sufficient. We are now quite spread out geographically but we still love to be near each other just as much (probably even more.) So you can imagine what a treat it was that two of my sisters, Kate the Great & Lindylou, flew in for the long weekend. YAY!

7 comments:

Lindy said...

Yay! I love the pictures... I miss you guys already.. spring break is too far away! :(

Amber said...

Yep...up early...Brian called needing internet directions :) It looks like you guys had so much fun!!!! I'm so glad you got to enjoy a weekend with family! It's not too late to create your cool self-sufficient community you know--as long as I can be the town nutcase :) I'm going to have to quiz you about the National Cathedral! That's something Bri and I have talked about doing but haven't known quite how!

Nonnie said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the reflection in the Vietnam memorial.... and I am jealous of Katy's more petite frame, she can hold hands with Bradshaw comfortably! I thought you would be reminded of more Virginia memories. Remember how you guys entertained everyone for ages while we waited in line at the Washington monument?

Katy said...

"I have big head and little arms" -- Hilarious!!

I can just imagine that Bradshaw told Dustinn and then proceeded to demonstrate (very animatedly of course).

The Manns said...

Looks like fun! We love all of those sites too. Bradshaw is a cutie!

D said...

Bradshaw was so excited to sit at the table with me. He started banging on the table and pointing everywhere while he told me stories about everything. He's such a fun boy

The picture of Bradshaw looking out the window (across the flying buttresses) is a great shot.

The Wildes said...

Oh, how fun!