October 17, 2009

we're back!

and SO HAPPY to announce...

Olivia Kate
September 23
9:36pm
7 lbs 1 oz, 20"


We're so grateful for Stefanie & Nic and their strength.
We got to spend three and a half weeks in Utah with many branches of our new family. We are now home again in the commonwealth.

Thank you everyone for your love and support! (Sorry about the blog silence, we've been busy with our new bundle of joy!)

Here are some of our favorite pictures:
beautiful healthy baby girltenacious right from birth
Stef & Nic
4 parents; 1 purpose very first bath...this girl loves getting her hair washed
We brought Bradshaw to visit the next day and (Stef is so thoughtful and kind and loving to us) she put Olivia in this onesie that says "I'm the little sister." It really touched our hearts.
this was right before placement....
adoption is most definitely about love
my first time holding Olivia as her mommy
with Loni :)
Bradshaw is so excited about Olivia and wants to help with everything
(note the hands)
best friends for life
Olivia's very first General Conference
We love this little girl with all our hearts

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val I read a lot of Stef's blog...what an amazing woman she is! I am so happy for y'all...what a fun new bundle of joy to add to your lives! Love your new blog title..cowboy and lil lady...adorable. So happy for you!

Erika said...

Olivia already looks like she fits in perfectly with your family! :) I look forward to more pictures! Congrats!

Wendy said...

Congratulations!!!! She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you all!

StefanieJinelle said...

This makes me happy :)

Jeana said...

congrats! I am so happy for you guys! It is so wonderful to see how Bradshaw has just taken to his little sis. It was great seeing/talking with you on skype. Keep in touch

D said...

one of my favorite things is watching bradshaw with olivia. he holds her hand, brings her binkie when she cries, and always wants to sit next to her. what perfect siblings.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Yay! I followed Olivia's story on Stef's blog and facebook! I was so excited when she posted that she was in labor for you guys! How blessed is that lil girl to have so many people that love her!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

We knew that you all would be busy with traveling and a new little addition and that these pictures would come once you got more settled back home (like others, I've been following Stephanie's blog for updates- what an amazing person she is!) I especially love the one of Olivia holding Bradshaw's finger :)

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

P.S. Love the new name of the blog!

pennylutz said...

I'm so glad you are back. I can't wait to meet Olivia. And Bradshaw is such a cute big brother!

The Wildes said...

So so so happy :) I can't wait to get some snuggle time with Little Miss Olivia.

Russell and Aya said...

Congratulations. You have a beautiful family. Bradshaw is such a sweet brother. We can't wait to meet your new addition. Hopefully we can make a trip down to Washington DC soon.

Lindy said...

Oh she is just perfection! I can't look at a single picture of Olivia with her birth parents and not tear up. What amazing strength and love.

Congratulations you guys!

-Lindy (not your sister--who knew there would ever be enough Lindy to have to clarify)

Amy said...

She's so beautiful!! I love the pictures of her and Bradshaw - such a sweet older brother! It's so fun to watch the friendship grow already. Olivia is so lucky to have two such wonderful Mothers!

Crystal Renee said...

Adorable! Love the new look of the blog!

She is definitely fitt in PERFECTLY!

Amber said...

Yay!! You guys are back! :) And with an amazingly cute blessing in tow! We can't wait to meet her!!!

Jodi said...

so glad to see you back and with the beautiful addition to your family! :)
did you get my package? I'm worried I have the wrong address.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Thank you so much! Congrats on Olivia! Stefanie is so special and wonderful. Adoption is so beautiful!

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

Congrats!!! what a special experience. Olivia is so lucky to have you as parents...look forward to the updates.

Pancho said...

Where did Bradshaw get those gorgeously long eyelashes? I'm jealous.

swimmingviolist said...

AWWW! So cute!! I was so happy to meet you guys at the hospital! I love all the pictures! :D