November 13, 2009

(Day 13)

Today I am thankful for:

1. Katy (my little sister)
By example alone, she makes me yearn to be a better mother, sister, daughter and human. (Good person for Olivia Kate to be named after, right?) Did I mention that this pint-sized sister can leg-press 230 lbs? That's like 3x her weight. Woah.

2. Google Video.
Our webcam isn't set-up but today Katy got on and talked to Bradshaw for a long time. She showed him several children's books, kissed the screen and made fish faces. Poor Bradshaw didn't understand that our end wasn't hooked-up and he kept trying to show Katy things and wanting her to "watch! watch!" I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.

3. My rockstar of a husband
(I'm sure I've indirectly listed him 4 or 10 times.) But today I am specifically grateful for the adventures he's blessed our marriage with. We've traveled all over the United States, moving to new cities without knowing a soul. We've explored these cities on foot, by car, taxi, bus, metro, & trains and made the cities home and the people in them family. I look forward to whatever the future may hold.

5 comments:

Nonnie said...

I love your thankful lists and want to say ditto ditto ditto to them. I am jealous of the webcam and I really hope Katy doesn't weigh 76 pounds. She is strong in more ways than just physical for sure!

HunnyHull said...

I totally agree on the webcam thing. It was the only thing that kept us alive when we were living away from the girls in LA.

StefanieJinelle said...

Once you get your webcam hooked up. You can talk to me AND Erika via webcam (:

jlynn said...

Visiting from Mel's blog :)
Love the daily to-be-thankful lists! Its the little things that make us smile each that make it all worth while.

The Wildes said...

We will be getting a laptop with a webcam at the black friday sale. The boys could sing and play and show each other toys!