November 17, 2009

Translation Please? (Day 17)

Often, I can't understand what Bradshaw is saying. Today he came up to me and sweetly pleas, "Egg-gu; Egg-gu Mama." As I usually do when I don't understand, I said "show me." He puts a stubborn pout on his face and shakes his head no. "Bradshaw, I just don't know what you are saying; what's egg-gu?
Bradshaw steps back and then sings, "E-egg-gu; e-egg-gu" while holding his arms out swaying. He totally got the tune!

Can you guess what E-egg-gu means?



Today I am grateful for:
1. our bed. the sheets are so smooth and cool and the pillows are thick and soft. it smells like fabric softener. we love sleep.

2. last Thursday's episode of The Office.
Voodoo Mama Juju? :)
Dwight: I know the killer to be Phyllis, the person I most medium suspect.

3. milk chocolate

15 comments:

StefanieJinelle said...

Eggo (: Like the waffle. That's my guess.
Maybe he saw a sweet commercial for it and wants one.

The Office <3

Amber said...

I am stumped with Bradshaw's song...hmmmm... maybe he can perform it for us next time we see him? :)

As for the office...sooooooooooooo good. Just sooooooo good. :)

I love your 3 Thankful Things idea...I've totally started doing it :)

D said...

I'm so happy I figured I out! Usually I can't understand him at all. But I'm not telling to not spoil it for everyone.

. said...

"E-I-E-I-O?????" Old Mc Donald had a Farm???

Lindy said...

Diego! The tv show. He wants to watch Diego. :)

V said...

BAM! You got it Lindy--spot on. He wanted to watch Diego and he was singing the theme song. :)

Nelson said...

Diego..., swiper, no swiping...! That wonderful show teaches kids they have to say everything 3 times. :) Well, backpack-mochila or in two languages at once. I yo love amo my mi family familia. Christmas navida is coming viene soon pronto. Is this fantastic or what... hehehehehe.

The Wildes said...

Diego! I never would have guessed that. So cute.

James said...

We saw that one too! My favorite part was Pam at the end in the hold up. :) -Genny

Lindy said...

Yay that makes me so happy! I take pride in my baby translation abilities but even more so being Bubs'- Auntie Mommy. I 'm really sad that I won't be seeing you all for thanksgiving. Christmas cannot come soon enough. :(

Marcy said...

Definitely second you on the milk chocolate, bed, & sleep!!!

eileen said...

i just found your blog :)
i can't help but love to read about your two little ones.
aren't toddlers and babies just wonderful!
thanks for all the "thankful" posts.
hope to see you around sometime :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going with jingle bells?

Amber said...

DARN it. Sooooooooo should have gotten Diego... My cute little neices do that and I melt each time and go running frantically for the DVD. :)

I LOVE the sweater set on cute little Olivia. Have a BLAST in California!!!!!!! And a very yummy Thanksgiving... :)

Elisse Carma said...

sara (our niece) says "dyeeegggo". she loves dora.