January 25, 2010

Baby Cakes is 4 months old!


I saw my sisters gathered around Olivia and singing to her--of course, they stopped as soon as they saw me with the camera. There was just something sweetly nostalgic and symbolic about the circle that I wanted to savor.

The last couple of weeks have been so special. I wish I had no other duties or responsibilities so I could just while away the hours laying on the carpet baby-talking to Olivia and reading books with Bradshaw.
  • Olivia grows, becomes less active, gradually becomes more active, then repeats this cycle. For instance, we could feel she was heavier around the same time she stopped rolling over but now if we lay her on the carpet she quickly rolls 360 degrees.
  • She loves sucking on her hands.
  • She'll look around the room for our faces and light up when she sees them.
  • She loves being kissed and is oh-so-kissable!
  • She's started laughing:

4 comments:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 4 months already!!! She is so cute and I love love love the laugh!! Looks like your lil guy loves his baby sister!

Chris and Annalisa said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest little laugh ever!

D said...

I love the picture of Olivia wearing my old glasses. It is crazy that she's 4 months old now. We're so excited for finalization and especially for her blessing / sealing. It will be so wonderful for Olivia to be sealed in our eternal family.

Amber said...

It was so fun to hang out with you guys last night! I have to say...your kids are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooo soooooooo (os to infinity) cute and fun. We are so excited for everything exciting going on in your lives! Please please please keep us posted on adoption finalization and sealing stuff! We love hearing about your happiness!!! :)