January 12, 2010

Christmas in the Mountains (aka The bazillion picture post)

a.k.a. The bazillion picture post

This was the first time we (DVB & O) spent Christmas at the cabin. My whole family was together, we found and cut down our own tree, talked around a crackling fire, had a Glee marathon, created trains for Bradshaw involving most of the family members, built a sledding jump, and just had such a magical relaxing time. (And did I mention our bed has an electric heating pad....aaah.)

The trip started with Dustinn's birthday.
We woke him up bright and early with singing and breakfast in bed.
(Little did we know he had worked until 5am that morning. Oops.)

this yellow (think Color Code) was not pleased that stitches were encumbering her playBradshaw wanted to go out in the snow like thisI quickly learned if I wanted some cuddle time with little Lady I had to reserve it several days in advance.Colton had a knack for knowing exactly when to jump.
I can practically hear Bradshaw's squeal.
Can you guess what everyone is gathered around (she's in Uncle James' arms.)
My Grandmother throws a wondeful party for her grandchildren every year.
Olivia was baby Jesus in the Nativity. :)
Nelson loves little Olivia so much.
And, of course, we got to see the beautiful Stefanie!
Katy made this mouth-watering coconut ice cream cake for Dustinn
THE GIRLS
On Christmas Eve we all get new pajamas.THE BOYSChristmas Eve is my favorite part of Christmas (hands down!) Mostly because of a family tradition we call Gift of the Heart.This is my Grandmother & Grandfather
My brother drew the picture in the bottom left.Katy made coordinating shirts for our whole fam and the coolest game plans for coach.all of us around the tree Christmas morningecstatic about Christmas My second mom--my Aunt Nan
Katy, Dad, & my cousin Elissa
Gen & Olive
so kissable, lovable, hugable, unbelievable

9 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS! I miss you SOOOOOO much, Val! (I would write more, but I, too, must go to bed :P) LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!! I TOTALLY understand about us not talking on the phone for awhile because, hello, you have TWO LITTLE ONES! I just miss you :) LOVE YOU! happy new year!

Nonnie said...

What a great time!!!!! And this was only part of it, Bradshaw and choo choo outside, all the games, the gingerbread houses (thanks for putting them on the family blog) and the best part... unfortunately undocumented... Bradshaws victorious grab from Santa's bag! Dad laughs about that practically everyday:)

pennylutz said...

The last picture is my favorite. I love it when siblings fall asleep together. It looks like you guys had so much fun

Katy said...

Observations:

Lindy is absolutely gorgeous in all photos (Aunt Nan concurs)

Bradshaw and Olivia's Aunties sure like to give out kisses!!!

I love that while Bradshaw is holding Olivia, he's also got a firm grip on his bag :)

Note that in the second picture of 'smash-ems' that Dad is caught mid-evil laugh!!! Also we tried to get Bradshaw to wear that yellow stretchy band for days and it took about 2 seconds of Uncle Coco wearing it for him to gladly put it on.

Long live Christmas :)

Amber said...

Seriously...magical!!!!! I want to hear all about the gift of hearts!!!

Nelson said...

The second picture of 'smash-ems' is awesome. Everyone is smiling. Bubs couldn't really even see with that thing on. It looks like he is doing a wobble dance.

swimmingviolist said...

Oh my gosh! I Love how cute Olivia looks in all of those pictures! I Love the picture of Stef and her! So cute! I Love the little Flower headband! :D hehehe! ;)

Dani said...

What a magical Christmas!! I loved seeing all the pictures of Olivia getting cuddle-spoiled. We need to catch up, send me an email next time you have free time, I'm sure you have plenty-haha!
Anyway, let's get some plans together for summer fun :) Love ya

Ashley said...

You can just feel the love in all the pictures. Oh how I miss you and your family!