February 14, 2010

Mr. Imagination

We were having a "picnic", i.e. eating our meal on a blanket spread out on the carpet in the living room, when Bradshaw pointed out the "monsners" across the room. Bradshaw grabbed his wooden dowel (the same one he uses as a fireman's hose, a horse, a ladder) and immediately began sword-fighting the imaginary monster. In very few words, he conveyed to us that he was protecting "baby." The monsters knocked him down a few times but he always got back up. He returned to the blanket with a few wounds, but victorious.

He's only 2...I mean how did he learn how to receive a punch from an invisible man?
Experiencing this for the first time as a mom is SO COOL!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Oh, he would get along very well with my girls. We have many epic battles with bad guys and bad witches and unicorns.

Pancho said...

OOOH my i MISS that little one!

Abbie said...

Hey Val, first of all thanks for your question on my blog. I'm going to answer it on Tuesday and I'm excited you asked a question that really made me think.

second of all, it's 1:46am and I've been reading your blog and Olivia's birth moms blog for the last hour! Oh my! What an amazing woman she is! I just had to tell you. I'm so happy for you and your sweet little family. I hope you don't mind if I check back and watch her grow. Adoption is amazing! I've seen it multiple times in my family (both giving and receiving sweet babies) and it truly is an amazing thing!

Amber said...

Ha ha ha! I love it. Can't wait to see him with the Terra Cotta Soldiers tomorrow :)

Elisse Carma said...

good thing you've got him around to protect you from all the imaginary evils. he knows how to take care of his girls when dad's not around.