March 24, 2010

sweet boy

Tonight I was standing in the kitchen spooning chicken & sauce onto a plate of rice. The plate began tipping and in an effort to catch it I sent the plate clattering to the floor and rice flying everywhere.
Bradshaw's head immediately popped around the corner, "Mama, [you] okay? fine?"
me: "Yeah it's okay. I just dropped something."
him: "Oh. Sah-yee."
him: "oh Bradshaw help. Help mama."

He runs towards me and begins picking grains of rice off my pants and collecting it in his upturned little palm. Being loved like that, feels soooo good. He has such a tender heart.
...........................................................

I haven't blogged much in the last month or two; we've had a lot going on. There was a 7-day period where we heard so much wonderful news followed by so much sad news that we kept finding ourselves with our jaws hanging open thinking, "what's happening?" The sad parts made us wonder if our little family should take cover until this cyclone passed over.


To share the good news: Stefanie & Tayler are engaged!!! They are planning on getting married in the Draper Utah temple in early August. (For anyone who may not know, Stefanie is Olivia's beautiful, wonderful birthmom.) We were lucky enough to meet Tayler in January. Tayler is a good man; who is both good to & good for Stefanie.

Three cheers for the happy couple!

3 comments:

D said...

Yes, three cheers for Stefanie and Tayler!

I love hearing Bradshaw say "oh. Sah-yee!" [sorry] He says it all the time now--he's such a wonderful little boy.

Amber said...

Cute little Bradshaw...stories about him always bring a smile to my face.

I'm sorry to hear you've had sad news... we hope everything is happy again soon!

Lindy said...

He is just precious isn't he? It's funny how those little things mean so much when it's a two year old who goes out of his way to show love for someone. I'm an adolescent development class right now... In the cognitive section we start learning about how children develop and it's just fascinating to compare Bradshaw and see how his own morals have developed and present themselves. Give him a squeeze for me? I do love the cowboy. <3