April 3, 2010

Olivia: 6 Months Old

This little girl has so many skills! Here are a few of the things she learned to do last month:

  • army crawl
  • hold her bottle up
  • sit steadily
  • raise her arms to us when she wants to be picked up
  • climb over Dustinn's legs and through the bottom of her exersaucer
  • quickly grab anything
  • enjoy suspense (peek-a-boo, etc.)
  • cry when she sees strangers
  • smile when she finds our faces
  • hold and devour rice crackers
  • blow raspberries
  • sucks in her lips and smacks her gums (like a toothless old lady--so funny. so cute.)

    above: this ball self propels and plays classical music. Olivia will crawl after it and when she catches it she freezes.

above: so glad these days of sickness are gone.
we sure love this little one.

10 comments:

D said...

I love the picture where it looks like she's doing push-ups. What a cute girl.

StefanieJinelle said...

You don't even know how much I love this post. Honestly. I needed one BAD. I love that she holds her arms up for when she wants to be held.

Katie said...

Your little girl is sooo beautiful! I love the picture of her in her car seat...what a babe!!!

Bonnie said...

Love the cowboy hat! She is adorable.

Erika said...

I like the push up picture too. And that white hat is adorable on her. Where did you get that ball? I think we might need one to encourage Cpt. A to crawl like his cousin! :) I can't BELIEVE that she is so mobile! She's so adorable. I wish we lived close and could have play dates!

Amber said...

I can't believe how big both the kiddies are getting. Oh how we love them!!!! They are all-together too cute!

Hope you had a blast with your mom! Happy Easter!

Nelson said...

This is a most adorable post. My favorite is the cowboy hat shot. She just can't wait to be in Texas. That must be it. :) Next time we meet up, olivia and I can do push ups together, or she can be on my back like Bradshaw! :)

Elisse Carma said...

beautiful pictures! she's so smart.

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

You capture these shots at all the right times! You must have worked fast to get the one doing push ups :) -K

V said...

Thanks everyone. :)

Erika: my mom gave Bradshaw the ball when he was learning to crawl; I searched amazon but couldn't find anything like it! I'll keep figuring it out. The movement and music is quite mesmerizing--even for us adults! :)
...so, isn't it cool that our kids will be able to have play dates together? (so excited.)

Kristen: I'm sure I drive everyone crazy saying, "WAIT! Let me get my camera." But I love capturing the moments and funny little things that they do. Bradshaw and Olivia are just so beautiful and perfect that I can't help myself. (cheesy sorry.)