October 23, 2010

Costumes

I'm a member of a the club for wives & children of the MBA students.
The club is very active with birthday parties, playgroups, Mom's nights out, etc.
On Friday we had a Halloween party, held the same time as a school-wide party.
After eating & visiting for an hour or so, we lined the 30+ kids up for a costume parade for the rest of the student body.  Most of the kids were timidly being led down the stairs.  Then they announced Bradshaw and Olivia and I see this:
pimp your myspace
Bradshaw--err-sorry--Buzz Lightyear flying down the stairs.  I felt that overwhelming surge of love for Dustinn--he is such a loving & fun daddy.
Of course, the hundreds of students gathered below were cheering, clapping and screaming.  Bradshaw loved every second of it.
(Olivia took the stance, "if I hold really still, maybe they won't see me.")
This costume was one of her b-day gifts from Stef.
She looked adorable in it.
Campus changed the bulbs in the street lights to black lights.
a rockin' team

8 comments:

Elisse Carma said...

Hahaha this is awesome! Sis. Schmidt told me that Ashley Schmidt is the president of that club or something. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Erika said...

Too cute! Was Dustinn carrying Olivia as well when he came down the stairs? That sounds like a very fun club to be part of. :)

V said...

EC: Ashley is the President and she's doing an awesome job.

Erika: No, they were announced together. My sister Kate has been living with us and she carried Olivia down the stairs. (You can see Olivia's face of terror behind Bradshaw in the picture.)
Our camera has been through a lot of mileage/beach trips/rough-housing. The shutter button is very stubborn so those 3 are all I got. :/

Dani said...

TO INFINITY... AND BEYOND!

jordyn said...

I love this! You guys are such a fun family!

D said...

I was glad to be at Kellogg when the whole student body cheered loudly for Bradshaw & Olivia when Bradshaw flew down the stairs. What a good group of people.

Curtis and Deanna said...

I'm impressed that Kellogg has been so family-friendly. Dustinn, I agree with Val, you are such a great father. -- Dad

Cami said...

You are such a great dad, Dustinn!
They're costumes are awesome!