December 28, 2010

Questions

Bradshaw is at the age of questions.  We hear sweet "why?"s all day long.
The other day we were talking about Jesus and Heavenly Father and how they are related.

B:     So Heavly Fadur is Jesus' Dada. Hmm, who is him Granfadur?
Me:  I don't know who His grandfather is.
B:     Jesus dudn't had a Granfadur!  Oh poor Jesus.  Dats so sad.

*Bradshaw adores my Grandfather (his Great Grandfather).  I don't remember precisely when it began but "Granfadur" is a regular character in our daily conversations.  I think the affinity began when we lived with my Grandmother and Grandfather in 2009 while waiting for ICPC clearance (ie legal permission to travel with Olivia from her birth state to our home state.)  One evening, Bradshaw snuggled up with Grandfather in the La-Z-Boy for an old b&w western and they became lifetime comrades.  Last Christmas, my Grandfather spent hours lying on the floor with Bradshaw working on a toy train.  Needless to say, when I told Bradshaw he'd be seeing Grandfather over Thanksgiving he clenched his fists in giddiness and squealed "Me so lucky!"

4 comments:

Marcy said...

That's awesome he's got such a great relationship with his great-grandfather! He's so adorable!

D said...

I LOVE it when Bradshaw asks me why. I love that he has such an inquisitive mind about things right now, and that he really pays attention and remembers things later. It's such a cool part of parenthood to be able to teach him about how dishwashers work and what snowplows are and who Nephi is.

katy said...

I also recall that whenever Grandfather would get up to run an errand for Grandmother, Bradshaw would make a dash for the La-Z-boy. At Grandfather's return he would be sprawled out and declare..."MINE" with a devilish little smile.

Grandfather and Bradshaw do have a special bond :)

Erika said...

Bradshaw is sooo funny! No wonder Sweetie likes to play with him so much.