January 18, 2011

You're my reason for laughing, for crying, For living and for dying

Today a nurse in the emergency room (everyone's fine) was telling me about her grandkids and said in a confiding whisper, "grandkids are the reward you get for sticking with your husband for 50 years."
I'm sure my facial response looked like I was trying to smile while swallowing a quarter.

While I hope she was speaking at least partially in jest, I still left thinking "I want to do whatever it takes so I never forget how much I love Dustinn."

I've heard people say, around the time you get married, you should write a letter to your spouse telling him all the specific reasons you love him and are eager to spend the rest of your lives together.  Instead of giving it to him, store it, and re-read later down the road.

My sister-in-law Elisse wrote a great post stating the secret to happiness in married life is couple prayer.

My cousin (i.l.) Amy wrote a post called I am my husband's girlfriend

No comments: