December 20, 2007

Faith in America

Dustinn wanted me to explain why I posted Mitt Romney's "Faith in America."

First, Mr. Romney transforms a challenge to his campaign into a strength. He was asked to talk about his religion which would only divide people. Instead he redefined freedom as only a man in this particular strait could.
(Mr. Romney used the microcosm of the Puritans. They professed freedom of religion while accepting no religion but their own. Do we support the freedoms we proclaim?)

Second, the stories of our founding fathers inspire me. Mr. Romney's references to them reminded me of how fortunate I am to be a recipient of their sacrifices.

-Val

1 comment:

Katy said...

A little disappointed that a picture of Bradshaw wrapped in an American flag did not accompany this post. Thats cool though...I'm down with the politics. However I think the quote should be changed to..."Give me Bradshaw or give me death!"