January 28, 2008

San Carlos or Bust!

We just applied for Bradshaw's first passport! In June, my grandparents, aunts, uncles and 70+ cousins will be caravaning down to San Carlos, Mexico. My Grandfather used to spend summers here and the tradition has continued through several generations. We stay in condos on the beach and spend the day playing in the waves. Each night, a different family takes a turn hosting dinner/entertainment for everyone. My Grandmother always hosts a traditional luau and during the week my mom teaches hula in preparation for this evening. I have precious & hilarious memories of family togetherness in Mexico BUT Dustinn has never been! We are crossing our fingers that we'll be able to work everything out so he can come this year. So, in good faith, we got Bradshaw a passport.
(Below: A few of the older girl cousins...there are 15 about my age.)

(My Grandfather usually leads an expedition to "Las Titas" mountains.)

3 comments:

Erika said...

What an incredible family tradition! Wow. Hope all goes well and you have a great time!

The Wildes said...

I'm excited for your amazing trip! Also, I didn't know babies needed passports... good to know.

Janina Herbert said...

aww, i love you, val! i just read your comment on my blog :) and that sounds SO exciting and fun that you'll be able to go to san carlos with the whole family (and little bradshaw has his first passport! how cute!! i hope that dustinn will be able to go, too! we'll cross our fingers for him!) yay! see you thursday! :) love ya!