February 29, 2008

Erika tagged me.

I skipped just a few. =)


Where were you born? Santa Clara (California)
Middle name? My given name is Valery Lynn; it’s a combination of my two Grandmother’s names, Valene + Marylynn. Dustinn jokes that when we have a daughter, we should combine our mothers’ names (Bonnie + Deanna = Bonna).
Nicknames? Sheesh, my family is big into nicknames. Of course I get “Valerina.” “Veal” is the name my dad uses to call me to family prayer (usually with little echoes & snickering behind him.) I’m not sure where the name came from; maybe it’s the southern version of Val. I’ve also been called “Molasses” because supposedly I dawdle and get distracted easily.
Are you taller than your mother or father? Tête-à-tête with my mom; at my dad’s shoulders.
Do you cry often during movies?
Favorite color? Blue
Favorite foods? Chicken & chocolate (separately)
Favorite beverage? Water
Favorite cold cereal? Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats
Favorite smells? Fresh laundry, cologne in moderation
Favorite time of day?
Favorite make-up products? No clue. As long as my skin is good, I only use mascara & chapstick.
How many pillows do you sleep with?
Do you play an instrument? Sadly, no. However, Dustinn makes up for it by playing many instruments.
Have you ever been skinny dipping? Yes
Did you do any sports in High School? Track & Field
What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
What is your favorite article of clothing?
What is your dream vacation?

What was your first impression of your spouse? I distinctly remember the first time I met him. Tall, slim, easy-going (actually, wearing his Colleyville Heritage shirt). I found it entertaining that he blatantly kept redirecting the group conversation to be about me.
If you could be an animal, what would you be?
What is your favorite "me-time" activity? Hmmm…probably, group classes at the gym.
Favorite TV shows? The Writer’s Strike fizzled this pleasure. It was Chuck.
What is your dream car?
What is one of your weaknesses?
What do you fix for dinner when there's nothing to fix? I make burritos or egg-on-bread.
If you could live in a different decade/era which one would it be?
What is the emotion you feel the most?
Do you consider yourself outgoing? I think so. I am energized by meeting new people. I agree whole-heartedly with Emerson that "Every man I meet is my superior in some way" and I enjoy learning from them.
What is something you are constantly working on? cleaning the apt./washing dishes
Any hidden talents? nope
What is a word or phrase you overuse? probably "I"
What is the best thing that happened to you this year? Bradshaw =)
What was the hardest thing that happened to you this past year? Moving days after the cesarean, trying to unpack boxes, clean, find a fridge, get food, learn to breastfeed & care for a newborn while extremely emotional, sleep-deprived and in pain....all while my husband was across the country. (Fortunately, my mom was with me.)
What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year?

I tag my cousin Laurel, Dustinn, Elisse & Janina.

2 comments:

The Wildes said...

I like these, It helps me know you better. Why didn't you answer some of the questions though? I wanted to know your answers for them...

Janina Herbert said...

yay! i'm glad you tagged me! i loved reading your answers! also i thought it was so funny that your favorite cereal is strawberry frosted mini-wheats because i just finished eating a bowl of that about 5 minutes ago!

oh, and you TOTALLY have hidden talents! for instance, (and i think this counts as a talent) - you are so humble, val! that is definitely a talent! and you're so soft-spoken and nice and about a zillion other things! :) i just love ya!