March 13, 2008

Snips and snails, and puppy-dog tails

Usually, when Bradshaw wants something, he reaches towards it and grunts. (I love how communication is progressively more direct!) Lately, I'll be carrying Bradshaw and, without warning, he'll dive for what he wants! So far, I've always been able to catch him, but I'm afraid he'll get hurt pulling these stunts!
This is what he most frequently dives towards. He understands that we push the buttons on the keyboard because once I left him near an open computer (to observe) and he filled a word document in a minute or two. That opened a can of worms.Computers are not the only form of technology he loves. He'll sit through the evening news without a peep.
(Sorry this is such a long post...years from now I don't want to forget all his little eccentricities.)
Bradshaw has a music mobile and in the middle of the night he chooses to sporadically turn it off and on (sometimes shutting it off at the first note; other times waiting several measures.) When he wakes us up, we don't know whether to pull our hair out or laugh our heads off.
I have recently begun nannying for a baby girl near Bradshaw's age. Since she is away from home, I want her to use the crib during naptime. Bradshaw has been an absolute gentleman by going down for his naps on the bed pleasantly & without fussing. I have been so proud of him! Also, I was pleased as punch that I got both babies on the same eating & sleeping schedule!
Last but not least, Bradshaw has a lovey (or as my pysch books would say, "an attachment object.")

7 comments:

Deanna said...

val, you should put the laptop near his feet, instead of his mobile, so he'll learn to type with his toes! what an asset that would be to him in later years.

Janina Herbert said...

bradshaw is so cute! i loved this post! i can't believe how fast he's growing up!! (and i made it home FINALLY! YAY!) thanks again for talking to me on the phone while i was wading through traffic - it seriously helped SO much! love ya and hopefully we'll see you guys this weekend!

D said...

what a strapping young lad!

The Wildes said...

So cute. I liked this one because it's fun to know what he does day to day, and what tricks he can do. The one with his legs and the crib was so cute!

Cyndi said...

I love all the details. He is like a little rolly polly you just want to cuddle. I love reading about him.

Erika said...

Bradshaw and Baby Dragon would get along well with their love of TV and computer... I LOVE the sleeping picture, babies are so adorable when they sleep! I like to sneak pictures of my kids sleeping.

Julie Bird said...

I feel like it's been too long since I looked at your blog. We've had Scott's parents here so I havn't had my daily dose of blog time :) So I had so much fun catching up and seeing all these cute pictures of Bradshaw! He is adorable...and I'm so glad you write about all the funny things he does- Doesn't it seems like we'll never forget them now, but years later, we'll look back and read them and laugh! Thanks for coming to Kaylie's blessing, you guys are such good friends! We love you tons!