May 10, 2008

Hike: The Grotto

It's 10pm on a Saturday night--Dustinn's working & the baby's asleep--so what should I do? Post something, right?
This morning we hiked a trail in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Valicia, Kelly, Dustinn & the babe.
There were gorgeous views and canopied meadows.

Our little hiking buddy
(He was only mischievous once: At the halfway point, I couldn't find his binkie. On the way back, I stopped to admire the tadpoles & salamanders in a stream and there it was! Just bobbing along in the water. Dustinn was never very close to the stream so Bradshaw must've really chucked it.)
At the end of the hike, you climb down some huge boulders. This picture peeks into the cave beneath the boulders.
The final destination: The Grotto. You can wade in the water inside this huge cave.
FOR CURTIS:

4 comments:

The Wildes said...

Fun! How did the back-pack work?

Katy said...

I was convinced that Bradshaw looked like Baby-Valery. Now seeing this hiking pictures, he definitely looks like a Jackson-Boy. Presto-change-o!!

V said...

Dani: Dustinn did all the carrying so he might be able to tell you better--but I love that backpack kept Bradshaw out of the sun all day and he was totally contented in it.
The cushioned shoulders, hip belt, etc. make the fit really comfortable.
But I'll let you know more when I'm the sherpa. =)

Curtis and Deanna said...

Hey, I didn't think they would still have phone booths with the GTE logo. I guess they missed that one! Thanks of thinking of me, Dustinn.