May 10, 2008

Snips & Snails & Puppy-dog tails

So Dustinn & I were picking up a few things at Alberston's tonight and this little boy goes running past us saying, "Mommy mommy I saw another baby girl!" The mom says, "where?" and he points directly at Bradshaw. "Oh what a pretty little girl," she replies.
Dustinn thinks it's stupid and mutters under his breath that there is nothing girlie about him.

We head to the check out and our cashier is a familiar face (everytime we are in the store she says "I love you; yes, I love you" to Bradshaw and gushes about how lucky we are....naturally I like this woman.)
So our-friend-the-cashier, the bagger and the neighbor cashier all begin commenting on our "beautiful little girl." Dustinn corrected them multiple times to no avail. Each time someone says "girl" (which must've been at least 20 times) Dustinn grows angrier and I laugh harder. I'm trying so hard to be polite and choke the laughter that I'm snorting.

Anway, so the news is that our little guy is getting a crew cut. =(

8 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

what?! those people are all STRANGE, val! bradshaw TOTALLY looks like a boy - undeniably! maybe he was wearing something that had some pink in it, so they got confused? who knows.
What I would do if that happened to me is, I would dress him in "undeniably Boyish" clothing, rather than cut his GORGEOUS hair! That would be so sad! He has such beautiful hair!

ANd they're all crazy, anyways. He TOTALLY looks like a little boy!

:) love ya! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Nonnie said...

There is absolutely nothing girly about that little man.... please do
not cut too much. His wake up hair reminds me so much of little Nelson and he is adorable. I love your new bio pictures. What a gorgeous family! xoxoxox mom

The Wildes said...

Don't worry Dustinn, Bradshaw is a manly man's man.
>Jackson use to get called a girl if he wore any color other than blue. But I take it as a compliment - they are beautiful boys.
Just follow the girl comment with "He's a boy - but he's a looker isn't he. He's gonna be a heart-breaker"

Erika said...

Hahaha! I like Bradshaw's hair how it is. I don't think he looks girlie since I have girls... But that's still pretty funny. I think my girls have been mistaken for boys once or twice when they were wearing boy colors. It's annoying. Most of the time I will never assume the sex of a child. I'll say your baby/little one is so cute or something.

Katie said...

If it makes you feel any better, 9 out of 10 people think ellie is a boy even when she is in head to toe pink.

V said...

Janina: He was wearing blue Buzz lightyear pajamas. Weird, eh?

V said...

Ellie is ever so petite, sweet & girlie! If anyone could make that mistake with her then we have to allow some error. Thanks Katie that does make me feel better. =)

Deanna said...

he is such a boy -- they're just being silly! please don't cut his hair, dustinn, we want a mohawk out of this baby! just get used to what people say, cause when you have a girl, they'll call her a boy