June 26, 2008

Plane People

Yesterday (Wednesday) felt surreal.
Everything was normal when we woke up. Bradshaw’s toys were strewn across the floor in the front room. Some dishes sat in the sink waiting to be washed. Dustinn opened the balcony door to let in the breeze. I took a long shower.
But at 9am the movers showed up and by mid-afternoon, the apartment was barren minus a few dust bunnies blowing across the floor.
We loaded our suitcases into a taxi and said goodbye to California.

Today (Thursday) we took a one-way flight across the country. We arrived in Washington D.C. at night. And something about the thick forest; the dark, empty roads and light reflecting off the Potomac made me feel like I’d entered the Legends of Sleepy Hollow.

Bradshaw seems a little anxious sleeping in a new place but otherwise we are settled in. Dustinn will take the metro to work and we’ll live at the hotel until we find a more permanent home.

Pull strap to tighten

5 comments:

Erika said...

How nice to have movers!!! Yay for flying! I hope you love DC!!! I have a friend from high school who lives in VA just outside of DC. Her blog is here: http://jonesfamilyva.blogspot.com/

Lindy said...

sounds painful.. but Bradshaw seems to like airplanes and he got his own seat?! Call me when you have free time valley.. I miss you. :)

. said...

Good luck with everything!!! new adventures and places are always exciting!

Amy said...

Congrats on Dustinns new job! How did Bradshaw do on the airplane?

HunnyHull said...

Awww, I miss you already! I wish I could have said a proper goodbye. I am so glad I got to know you before you left. You are a great person. Please let's keep in touch and keep posting in your blog so I know what is going on in your life. Have fun out there and feel free to email me any time.