November 10, 2008

"Autumn is a second spring; every leaf is a flower"

Since our apartment is surrounded by trees, we have really been spoiled by the fall colors. Sadly, this week all of our leaves are turning brown and falling. Bradshaw enjoys the acoustics of stomping on leaves...but I miss autumn already.
This was the view from Bradshaw's crib last week. When he wakes up from his nap he immediately asks for the trees (or, in other words, "Mom, pull up the blinds.")
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
-George Cooper

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you even get Bradshaw to go to sleep with a view like that?? Such a pretty place to live...and great pictures of your little man playing in the leaves...we didn't really get a fall here...not too many leaves for the kiddies to play in! Are you coming to Texas for the holidays? If so we need to get together, Aya and Russell will be here for Christmas!

Amber said...

I'm sooooooo with you. Bye bye autumn...sniff, sniff. Kinda sad, but I AM kinda getting the Christmas bug. What do you think...will you be my Christmas shopping partner? :) It's my first year shopping for a hubbie, and I think I'm toast!!!! :)

Janina Herbert said...

Ok, first of all - I absolutely LOVE the profile picture you have up of you and Dustinn! It is SO romantic and perfectly beautiful - just like you guys!! Secondly, THESE PICTURES OF BRADSHAW ARE THE CUTEST EVER! HE IS SUCH A HAPPY, BIG BOY! I love you guys and I miss you!! I'm so glad you got to experience all the beautiful fall leaves :) Don't be sad that they're gone, though, b/c that just means....CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!

love you!

Nonnie said...

I miss Virginia! Fall colors were a true miracle and convinced me that God is the most talented artist ever. I loved the poem. Where did you find it?

The Wildes said...

Beautiful blog, Val. Love the pictures. I am missing autumn too. Bradshaw is getting so big. I can't wait to hug him!!

Julie Bird said...

Hey guys- I love the autum pictures! What? Bradshaw can ask for the trees? That is so cool! Kaylie just makes a sqeaky noise and expects me to read her mind when she wants something :) She is getting better though! miss you!

Amy said...

OMG, I love the view from his bedroom! I am Jelous!