January 22, 2009

16 Months

Bradshaw continues to be an extremely affectionate toddler. Today, I was laying on the couch reading when he climbs onto the couch, crawls between the book and my arms, and lays his head on my chest. He stayed there for a twenty minutes, singing softly and tracing my neck with his little fingers.
  • He has mastered the spoon (bowl of milk & cereal, yay baby!)
  • He still loves to cook. It has become a daily tradition to spend a lot of extra time preparing dinner so Bradshaw can participate. He stands on his chair and eagerly stirs, adds ingredients and snitches cheese.
  • If he gets caught with something he shouldn't have, he lets out a squeal and runs very fast in place
  • If he finds a bruise on my leg or a scrape on Dustinn's knee, he will lightly touch it and with a very sad face, says, "OW......ch."
  • He kneels for family prayer
  • He is an angel when it comes to going down for naps & bedtime. We say, "it's nigh-nigh time" and pick him up. He waves to everything while we walk down the hall. When we reach the crib he lunges into it. He lays still while we cover him with his blankets and walk out of the room. Not a tear; not a peep. Amazing, right?
  • Bradshaw likes to be part of the fun. If he sees someone laughing, he usually joins in. I should point out that Bradshaw's voice is low for a toddler, so imagine this, we are passing through hushed halls in church when Bradshaw overhears a gentle teehee; suddenly, Bradshaw scrunches up his eyes & throws back his head in an explosive cackle. (I'm sorry nice lady, he doesn't mean to mock.)

    Bradshaw's concentration face:

4 comments:

Nonnie said...

What a perfect little amazing boy. It cheers me to read about all his accomplishments and personality traits. The nighttime ritual really sent me back in time. I remember my babies saying nigh night to everything we passed. Especially the pictures in your room. Nigh, Night Jesus!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Aw- so sweet. I hope our kids will be like that too!

Amy said...

What a fun age. I can't wait to see what Justice will be like. That is so fun that Bradshaw likes to cook! And what a sweet boy to lay on you while you read!

Julie Bird said...

I seriously agree that this is the best age- Kaylie is nothing but fun! Bradshaw is growing up into such a little man- we miss you guys!