January 22, 2009

Pictures from the Cinderella Ball

  • After Inauguration, we the people were ready to celebrate. Several Inaugural Balls were held in the district and we attended the Arizona Ball.
  • I was planning on wearing my sister-in-law's prom dress. (It has little buttons inside for straps so was going to sew little detachable cap-sleeves. Of course, I left the task until the very last minute and....well, what was I thinking?) My sweet husband took me to Ross and we found a $15 cocktail dress.
  • The evening started out a little rocky. The bridges from Virginia into the district were still closed, so we planned on taking a bus, then the metro to the ball. The buses were on a "enhanced Saturday" schedule, which basically meant no schedule. Instead of waiting 5 minutes (like we anticipated) we sat in the bitter cold (remember I'm wearing a thin, little dress) for over an hour. Finally, we gave up on the bus idea and drove to further metro stop where we could park.
  • I envisioned it like military balls in the movies...a grand entrance that overlooks the ballroom below filled with couples waltzing across the marble dance floor. (Dustinn: "You're silly.") The ball was packed and filled two floors but there was people-watching, yummy food, dancing and the excellent company of Dustinn's co-workers. We had a lot of fun.

6 comments:

D said...

I thought the Republican cookies were hilarious. Talk about sore losers!

I did, however, have a very cute date.

The Wildes said...

You looked beautiful in both dresses! What a fun memory to have.

Amy said...

Wow, how exciting to attend... Love the dress!

Nonnie said...

The two of you look fantastic! I love that Dustinn's tie coordinated with the last minute dress!

Julie Bird said...

talk about Cinderella and prince Charming- you two look stunning! What a magical experience- a ball! I want one! haha!

Amber said...

Yeah for ball pictures!! I am so excited to get all caught up! You guys looked GREAT! I love the dress...what a last minute find. You look stunning in that color!!!