February 4, 2009

Camera shy?

I got a fancy-shmancy new camera at Thanksgiving, but for a myriad of reasons (including intimidation) it remained untouched until today. I'm glad I didn't have an audience to watch me fumbling around. I was too afraid of the lens spontaneously shattering to be able grasp it firmly & lock it into the camera body.

Anyway, once I got past myself, the difference in image quality is shocking! The pictures are clear & sharp and the camera takes shots at rapid-fire speed. Here are the camera's inaugural shots:
(If you can't tell the difference, right-click and open the image in a new window.)

9 comments:

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

I know what you mean- I was pretty intimadated of my Nikon D40 when I first got it too. That was about 6months ago and I still haven't learned half of what it can do...

The Wildes said...

Yay new camera! The picture looks really good.

Erika said...

can you feel the jealousy? I'd LOVE to get a new camera! But I guess a minivan and a crib are a little more important...

Lindy said...

The pictures look really good... but Bradshaw looks SO sad in the second one. Why is he so sad? Tell him its okay.. I'm coming. ♪8 days a week♫

Katie said...

That is amazing...I am starting to look at cameras what kind did you get? BTW What a cute boy!

V said...

Erika, I wish we lived closer than we could both use it! But a crib and minivan are wonderful, exciting new toys! And very important.
I ended up paying for the camera out of our grocery budget savings.

V said...

Linders, he does look sad (good catch 'cause you can't tell without opening it up.) You're right, it's because it's been so long since his aunties came to visit.

V said...

Katie!! It's a Nikon D40 (digital SLR.) We only chose it because it was one of the loss leaders at the Black Friday sales. But I've only heard great things about it and about Nikon since we then. Probably the biggest choice to make is whether you want a point and shoot or a SLR...

pennylutz said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you got it out and started using it. You'll never be able to go back again. The pictures do look really good.