April 23, 2009

Last Thursday

The light woke me, I rolled over and glanced at the clock and immediately panicked. "Dustinn, it's 7:20! Wake up-you're late for work!" He grinned sleepily and opened his eyes a crack, "Happy Anniversary. I'm not going to work."
(This was a complete surprise because work has been very, very busy...I *knew* it would be impossible for him to take any time off so I never would've asked.)

We got breakfast at McDonald's. (When I was pregnant with Bradshaw, the two things I craved were fruit & the McDonald's bacon, egg & cheese biscuit. So of course I ordered the bacon, egg & cheese and was surprised I could only eat a few bites. Bradshaw happily gobbled it up--which explains that craving--and I had a yummy parfait.)

Then we went to Clemyjontri, Bradshaw's wonderland. Around nap time, we got back in the car, and made our way to Maryland while Bradshaw slept.
We spent the rest of the day walking around the Chesapeake Bay. We got soft-shell crab, played on the beach, watched wind surfers, and walked around a beautiful nature park (we saw hawks and even a bald eagle carrying a fish!)We got burgers for dinner and Bradshaw slept the whole way back.
It was a very perfect, romantic day.

6 comments:

Erika said...

How sweet! The Captain did that for me one morning and I loved it. :) It looks like you had a great time!

Katy said...

Does Bradshaw not like the giant Mr. Crab?

It was such a beautiful day! How perfect :)

Amber said...

Oh my goodness! I am such a cluster! Talking to you all about Maryland, and never realizing it was for your anniversary!!!! Your job when I'm being such a dork is to slap me! What an amazingly romantic way to spend the day...a surprise stay-home from the hubbie, beautiful scenery, playing with the cutest little boy ever. Sigh...sounds perfect!!
HAPPY LATE ANNIVERSARY! You two are such an amazing couple.

Russell and Aya said...

What a wonderful anniversary you and Dustinn had! It is very special and precious to spend time with family. I love when I get to do that with Russell and my girls. Happy 4th wedding anniversary!

Jodi said...

wow, look at all the cool stuff you guys get to do -- I'm so jealous of where you live :) Happy anniversary!

The Wildes said...

what an amazing day! Bradshaw has such a great life with you as parents.