September 7, 2009

23 Months

We are cherishing this age. He is so happy and silly. Thinking about Olivia makes me reminisce about when Bradshaw joined our family. I never could have imagined the light that Bradshaw would be in our life. Bradshaw has brought so much joy into our family. We are so grateful for him. And now we can't wait for Olivia; we know she will bring our family more of that same joy and happiness!

Yesterday at church, Bradshaw kept flipping through the hymnal asking me for the popcorn song. (Can you imagine the entire congregation standing up and doing the hand motions to I Looked Out the Windows?) Then when the sacrament was being passed he told the deacon "juice please."
Then a girl got up to speak, who looked remarkably like Stefanie. Bradshaw stood up on the bench and was mesmerized by her for a few minutes and then began pointing at her and yelling "baby! baby!"
  • He loves to jump and skip around the room. He will drum his fingertips together and evil laugh (Dustinn taught him this.)
  • He re-enacts his "ouches" (it's pretty hilarious) so I understand exactly what happened.
  • I love that he still thinks the best seat in the house is my lap. I also love when he cups my face with his little hands and gives me a big kiss.
  • He fills in the words to some of his favorite songs (Popcorn Popping, Tiny Tim & Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam).
  • He has a monkey that he loves and adores. When I lay him down to sleep, Bradshaw demands equal treatment for monkey. If I give Bradshaw a kiss, I mustn't forget monkey. Or if I gently stroke his face, Bradshaw insists monkey's face is stroked. I'm guessing he is going to be a protective brother. =)
(Can you guess who was the instigator here? brand new bowl btw)

Barbie & Ken
ambitious chef
Dustinn was getting dressed for work and Bradshaw ran and pulled his church pants on and slipped on the shoes. Wants to be just like daddy. (He has begun choosing what he wants to wear...his favorite shirt is a 101 Dalmations pajama top.)
the dark spot under the water...that's Dustinn

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

I LOVE THIS POST! Yes that was screaming. Comment picture 1, Dustinn you look like a model from GQ...The dog bowl, reminds me of someone we all know. Remember when Polly insisted she wanted to be a dog. This went on for a loooong time and she would insist on eating her food out of the bowl on the floor. Also brings back thoughts of Ralphie's little brother (Piggy piggy piggy!) Then truly the best picture of the bunch is Barbie and Ken. I nearly split my gut laughing. Was that posed? They are so perfect and anatomically a bit more realistic. Thank you for that post Val. It made my day!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Aww! We loved the story too in your previous post about the white rose being beaten until all the petals were off- Brant was laughing for a while at that one. And we're excited too that we'll be having a girl not too long after yours arives :)

Lindy said...

Ohh.. He is so ca-ute! I'm so excited that he (plus you and Dustinn of course) will be here very shortly. :) I was wondering.. can I take him every now and then? You know.. like when the baby is being born or something? You've probably already given that job to Katy i'm sure... anyways, you know I'm here and willing. :)
Do you remember how in the second father of the bride movie (I don't remember what its called) the girl packs her suitcase in case she needs to pick up and leave for the hospital really fast? Have you and Dustinn done that in case you need to fly out?
I'm so proud of Bubs for talking so much.. he is so smart! but that's no surprise

wow this was long. I love you and miss you all!

Elisse Carma said...

The picture with the underarmour looks like baby KJ! (Can you see it, Mum?)
Val, check your email!

Amber said...

Oh my word...HILARIOUS. Me and Brian were laughing our heads off. We need to sit closer to you guys during sacrament meeting..... :)

Curtis and Deanna said...

I love this post. Bradshaw is such a fun little boy.