August 30, 2009

Genny's Wedding

On August 13th, my little sister got married:
presenting...Mr. & Mrs. BarrettGenny was a very beautiful bride. Everything about her was elegant and gracious 1. a kiss2. Dustinn & Bradshaw on temple square
3. Colt & Bradshaw while everyone is proposing toasts4. Bradshaw wore a tux for about fifteen minutes. Handsome boy.


5. Mommy & son by pond

6. the party itself was so fun. Following the theme of Gen's announcements, there was a photo booth by the guest book. Her book was filled with hilariously creative photos of all the guests. 7. Cake

8. Kates & Stef (sorry I caught you guys off guard)

9. This is the only night picture without the flash. It's blurry--but it captured the ambience of the evening

10. James & his sister Laura. I love this picture.

Everyone was holding white roses and formed an archway for Genny & James to run through as they left the reception. Right afterwards, Stefanie and I were standing there talking, when we see Bradshaw cherubically ask a man for his rose. The man hands it to him; Bradshaw whacks it repeatedly against the ground until every last petal is gone, and with a smile hands the stub back to the man. Too funny.

Jamer & Gens, we love you so much!

9 comments:

D said...

The story of Bradshaw smashing the rose was THE HIGHLIGHT of the wedding for me. It was hilarious.

In Photo 3 it looks like Bradshaw has a giant right hand. Oh wait, that's Colton's giant hand.

What a beautiful girl in Photo 5!

Lindy said...

Yam and G.b.s... So cute! :)
My favorite picture is probably number 6 because of how much dad is getting into it haha. but I also like the picture of James and Laura dancing, sadly none of these pictures expand...

Amber said...

What a beautiful wedding and a GORGEOUS bride! It looks magical!

And the story about Bradshaw and the rose...priceless. :)

StefanieJinelle said...

YAY! I made it on here. Haha. I still have those videos on my camera from the stuff. I hope they turned out alright. I might have to send them to you. :)
I love all the pictures. :) Ha. I like the first one because her green shoes are poking out the bottom of her dress. So cute.

I'm so glad I was able to capture the moment of Bradshaw and the rose.

Erika said...

Oh! This reminds me of your wedding! Seriously, one of the most fun weddings I've ever been to! Genny looks gorgeous! :) I agree that the Bradshaw rose story is incredible.

Bonnie said...

My brother just had his reception at that same place in June. It was so beautiful:) Glad you had fun.

V said...

haha Gens, just to clarify--Dustinn means that the rose destruction was the highlight only after the sealing of course! =)

V said...

Stef: Yep, those are the shoes that you found, remember?

I (and my mom and sisters, everyone) would LOVE to see the videos. We are so grateful that you took those. Thank you thank you! I could mail you a cd/dvd or we could coordinate it with Lindy or Katy? YAY!

Chris and Annalisa said...

Val, sorry I didn't get to catch you at Genny's reception! I just sent you a message on facebook with those ideas for you. Let me know how things go!