October 22, 2009

Bradshaw: 25 months

This lil' vignette sums up Bradshaw's personality quite well:
A few days ago, I needed to take Dustinn to a 6am morning meeting. Since it was hours before the kids normally wake up I intended to carry Bradshaw asleep to the car. However, when I stepped outside into the cold Bradshaw opened his eyes, just a crack, and spotted a squirrel "AH!" [dramatic gasp] then he spotted the playground "AHH!" [dramatic gasp #2] "YAAAY!" he cheers and does his shimmy-shake dance in my arms.
That is Bradshaw. Despite being tired, cold and on-the-move, he always knows that today is going to be the best day ever.

What else about this 2-year-old?
He has made the transition from one child to two children absolutely magical. We worried that Olivia waking up in the night would wake him up. Nope. He has slept 12-13 hours without a single peep every night. And he's still napping 3-4 hours a day. This gives me plenty of opportunities to get sufficient sleep. (Kisses Bradshaw! We'd saint you if we could.)


He is gentle and compassionate with his sister. There was one time we couldn't find Olivia's binky. He offered his. Since then the only binky she'll accept is his. You'd think it would be "the straw that breaks the camels back" and Bradshaw'd become possessive of his binkies, right??
On the contrary, he now has 2 on him at all times in case "sisser" needs a binky.

What else....what else?

He gets into the fridge all the time. This drives me crazy because he takes bites out of the block of cheese and out of sticks of butter and loves miracle whip. The other day he was walking around with an egg in his hand and I told him to go put it back. I forgot about it until I was making brownies (several days later) and panicked to think where in the apartment the stinking, rotting egg could be stashed but I pulled out the carton and it was a full dozen! He'd put it back.

If you ever see a child skipping and squealing down the aisles of the grocery store wearing a plastic construction hat and one green glove you can be certain that is Bradshaw. He loves these items (and his sunglasses) and rarely leaves the house without'm.

"Ah ha ha! Baby touched me!"
"She touched my cheek!"

8 comments:

Lindy said...

Oh wow. He is so cute!! And putting the egg back in the fridge? that is Really impressive!! Since when is he wearing the construction hat in the grocery store? he sounds like such an amazing older brother, I'm not surprised though- he is yours. :)

Crystal Renee said...

Oh my! That is precious. He is doing really well with the new addition. I wish my older one would have been as pleasant. She only insisted we put them back.. lol. She was hilarious.

D said...

i thank we need a picture of him with his glasses... preferably while he's asleep in his crib or his carseat!

pennylutz said...

He's the sweetest kid ever. I love hearing how much he loves his sisser!

Elisse Carma said...

I LOVED this post. He's such a good brother. I love the extra binky thing and that he takes bites out of stuff in the fridge. Gross, but adorable.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Olivia curled up on her big brother...so adorable!

StefanieJinelle said...

So cute (: Bradshaw is amazing.

Amber said...

You quite possibly have the cutest kids EVER. Bradshaw is...just a cute little dream!!!!! And hilarious to boot. And I must say, Olivia's stretches ARE quite adorable! :)

Congrats on finishing the move!!! YAY!!!!!