October 26, 2009

Olivia: 1 Month Old

[As of noon today, we are officially moved out of our old apartment (hurrah!!!) and now we can start the fun part of unpacking at the new place. It was hard moving! Now that it's done, Dustinn & I feel like kids who just finished the last day of school before summer break. We are ready for some fun!]

Olivia turned 1 month old on October 23rd. Here are just a few of our favorite things about this little missy:
  • her (natural) fauxhawk
  • her stretches --> when she first wakes up she stretches both arms high above her head and pouts her lips and pushes her chin out, all while her face turns red....it is just too cute
  • she curls her fists up under her chin when she's sleeping
  • cuddling with her in the early morning
  • she raises her ears when she smiles
  • the noises she has started making (one sounds kind of like a pirate's "Aar!")
A few of her nicknames:
  • Principessa
  • the Lady
  • Livy
  • Baby Cakes
Other tidbits:
When she was born, she was eating about 25 mL a feeding. Then we began filling up the bottle to 2 oz and seeing how much she'd take. Now she downs 4 oz every 3 hours.

Burping. It's become a family affair. (Bradshaw burps several of his toys regularly.) Although sometimes the 2nd, 3rd or 4th burps are really hard to come by...we have learned it makes the difference between a happy or unhappy girl. Our favorite burps are the Homer Simpson kind (ya know, the hollow sound when his lips vibrate?) Of course, the Olivia version is much cuter.
Olivia and Bradshaw have a special connection. If Bradshaw cries, Olivia will immediately burst into tears.
She's a really good sleeper (especially for a newborn.) She has a 4-6 hour stretch almost every night.She holds her head up like a champ.
We love her so much!

8 comments:

D said...

You left out my favourite nickname for her: Mac.

(With one of her formula brands her breath smells like Macaroni & Cheese)

pennylutz said...

She's such a cutie! What a little doll. I love your monthly updates.

E said...

Valerie I am so happy for you guys! Penny shared your good news so I hopped on your blog--then I realized that Stephanie and Erika are sisters--I worked with Joseph at BYU and you have my BFF, Brittany (Elmer) on your blog list! Too crazy! I know how you know the Blanchards, but how do you know Brit? SMALL MORMON World! Anyway, Olivia is beautiful!

Nancy H said...

We are so happy for you and your cute little family. :)

Elisse Carma said...

wow that first picture is beautiful!

StefanieJinelle said...

Fun fact #11:

I don't know if you remember. But I had a dream when I was pregnant with Olivia. And I dreamed that she was a boy (before I found out she was a she) and I named him McAllister and called him Mac for short.

Coincidence that Dustinn's nickname for her is Mac? I think not.

Katy said...

Can I get matching pink polka dot pjs?!?

Nonnie said...

Oh Beloved Baby! She is so scrumptious and I just want to eat her cheeks. It also made me happy to see Dustinn's EDEP shirt. Something I remember for you guys everyday! xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox