August 9, 2010

El Salvador: The Lake House

My family has been visiting El Salvador for 6 or 7 years.  Each year, my dad's friend has generously opened his home to the 13 of us.

my brother Colt doesn't like when I take pictures of him, but isn't he sooo handsome?
below: This was at church.  Olivia giving some love to one of the little girls.  Too cute. 
Everyone was calling Olivia "nina cielita" because she's so fair.
At one point when we were sitting and waiting for the meeting to start, I beckoned my brother (whom we affectionately call 'too tall Nelson') over to translate.  He (discretely) stepped over the row of folding chairs to come help, and the people beside me, who were about the height of Nelson's waist, oh you should've seen their jaws drop when they saw those forever long legs!!!  Their reaction was hilarious.  
 Every morning we had smooth water and blue skies and every evening a beautiful tropical storm rolled in. 
...which we, of course, enjoyed from the hot tub.  :)
the soon-to-be misionera:

[more to come later]
see El Salvador 2008 here here here & here

3 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Wow that looks awesome!!

D said...

that was such a fun trip.

Lindy said...

Coke is a total stud. Seriously.
I love Bradshaw's face on the jet ski and Olivia kissing the girl... I think the little girls' opinion of Olivia might have changed once she started sucking on her face. Not me though! I'll take Olivia kisses any day. :)