September 29, 2010

The Lovely Beach

One of our favorite things about Chicago is the beach!  (aka the lake shore--but other than the absence of salt water stinging our eyes I can't tell the difference.)
My sister Katy explained to me how walking and playing in the sand is excellent for developing the kiddos' muscles/coordination/balance, so we've been trying to make it there as much as possible...and did I mention it's only two and a half blocks away from our apartment?  :)



Bradshaw was either chasing seagulls or riding his bike the whole time.
(My auto-focus is broken so I can only get pictures of subjects that hold still long enough for me to manually focus.  This is his only picture.  :) 

Who is pulling my hair?

7 comments:

Erika said...

Oh, I love that cute hat! And we love the beach too! :)

Bonnie said...

So cute! I love seeing beach pictures:)

Dani said...

That looks like a really clean beach! Very nice! You guys have the most beautiful little kiddos.

Curtis and Deanna said...

I love that first picture. You caught her at such a fun moment. I am so glad you are making the most of Chicago. You guys are so adaptable. Love, Dad

jordyn said...

Oh I love this! Me & Nic have been trying to decide where we want to go on future vacations, and he says 'anywhere with a beach'. So after seeing these pics of the beach, and all the other fun ones from Chicago, we definitely have a new must-see spot! :)

Cyndi said...

You guys seem to be having so much fun! I can't wait to meet Bradshaw and Olivia. We just have to get together sometime since we live so close.

Cory and Becca said...

cute pics Val...looks like you guys are adjusting well from your big move! We still need to chat sometime send me your # again and we will have to play phone tag some more I am sure :)