October 21, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Beautiful!

*I know.  I'm behind on posting...

The actual day of her birthday was both wild and wonderful.  We got the kids up at 4:30am and hectically packed into the car, drove an hour to the airport, and Bradshaw, Olivia and I spent the next 8 or so hours traveling but it meant that once we arrived, Olivia got to celebrate her birthday with her birthmom and birthdad!
(As well as many other loved ones there for her special day.)  

Jordyn, Nic's amazing wife, summed up the party so beautifully in her post here.  

After we got back to Chicago, we celebrated again so Dustinn could be there:
BEFORE

AFTER
If you linked over to Jordyn's blog, you noticed our family tradition of "I love the birthday boy/girl because..."

  • I love how Olivia's teeny little body is so snuggly and sweet.  
  • I love how she flops her head back (relaxes completely) when I'm hold her in my arms
  • I love how she always wants to be on my lap when we're reading stories
  • I love kissing the tip of her teeny tiny little nose
  • okay, I also can't resist her kissable little cheeks
  • I love how she pants and squeals when she gets really excited
  • I love hearing Olivia & Bradshaw giggling when they play together
  • I love the way she sorta waddles when she walks
  • I love how her hair looks like Doc Brown's when she wakes up from a nap
  • I love how she lunges for me when I see her at the end of church.  And once I have her she lays her head on my shoulder and holds on tightly.
  • I love how she makes a fish-face then goes "mmmmmMWAH!" when she gives kisses.
  • I love how magically she brings joy to everyone around her

....and a million other reasons!

Feel free to add your own "I love Olivia because..."

7 comments:

D said...

I love how excited she is when I get home at night
I love that when I'm rough-housing with Bradshaw, Olivia will run over and belly-flop / tackle me
I love how tenacious and fearless she is
I love her hugs with her head on your shoulder
I love hearing her sing to herself after she wakes up in her crib

Dani said...

I love her hair and skin color, So fair like a Princess.
I love how easy going she is, so happy.
I love how fearless she is, she gets that from me, not Dustinn :)
I love how she love her Mom and Dad so fiercely.

Wish I could see her more...

Elisse Carma said...

I love how happy and smiley she always is.
I love how we get all of her cute hand-me-downs.
I love how much she loves her big brother.
I love that she's Amelia's closest cousin (in age and mileage!)

Nonnie said...

I love Olivia because she has a way of smiling at you that makes you feel like you are the most important person in the room. I love the way she snuggles into my shoulder. I love the way she tries to kiss me on the lips and when I turn she follows my lips. I love her determination and positive attitude. I love that just looking at her testifies of God's love. I love baby!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Oh man, look at her face with all that pink frosting! How cute is THAT?! Happy belated birthday, Olivia!

V said...

Elisse, that's totally crazy that Olivia is the closest geographically--and that's so sad because we're really far away!

jordyn said...

I love Olivia because the first time we met she wasn't afraid to give me hugs.
I love how cute, happy, and full of smiles she is.
& she instantly brings a smile to everyone's face.
I love how even at such a young age you can tell she is just full of so much love.