December 13, 2010

Baby it's cold outside

Believe it or not, yesterday was my first time driving in snow.

(I didn't have a car at BYU and everything'd shut down when there was snow in Virginia.)
And Dustinn's out of town, or he'd likely drive.

Church is at 9 and the snow was coming down heavily.  They hadn't plowed or salted yet.  It was so icy that I was sliding all over the place even though I was going ~10 mph.  I was choking back the tears when I arrived at church and suddenly I became aware that no one else was even flinching at the snow!  I was the only one frozen in terror while everyone else was busily carrying on as usual!

Our prayers for safety were answered twofold.  A friend's husband kindly offered to drive us home. And by the time church was over plows with salt had come through and was I able to easily and safely drive home.

Today's forecast: Staying in!  Christmas music, hot chocolate, long bubble bath for the kids and dance party on Mama's bed.  

6 comments:

Genny said...

Wow! I can't believe you've never driven in the snow! It's scary every time. But you'll be safe. Love you Val! Stay warm and healthy!

*Tiffany and Jarrod* said...

Jarrod and I were just thinking about you guys and how you were surviving in the frigid mid-west winter storm. That is crazy you haven't driven in snow until now. I think you better get used to it, or plan on staying inside all winter. Miss Olivia is so dang cute and is getting so big.

Holly said...

It was crazy yesterday! By the time it came for me to leave to church (ours is at 11) it had gotten really bad. Today I can't believe how freezing cold it is!

D said...

It's 60 in Seattle!
I'm sorry you're so cold there

StefanieJinelle said...

I want to join your forecast! Hot chocolate and a bubble bath and a dance party?! What spoiled kidlets you have! ;) I avoid driving in the snow at all times. I've only been stuck in the snow once. It was completely embarrassing.

Elisse Carma said...

Holy cow that's cold!!! Aw i'm sorry you had to do the driving... driving in snow is scary. Especially for the first time.