December 12, 2010

Miss Clever - 14.5 months

If we say we are "getting ready to go" or even if I start packing a diaper bag, Olivia will run to the shoe closet, grab her shoes, and plop on my lap to have them put on (and sometimes she tries to put them on by herself.) Then she fetches Bradshaw's shoes for him.    
She loves going out.  Anywhere.

She also loves getting dressed.  Sitting up very straight, with a lil' miss diva face of contentment, she'll stick out one leg at a time and point her toes for us to put on leggings.
Once she's dressed, she'll turn around once or twice for us to see then become bashful.

She's learning animal noises and names of the facial features.

Bradshaw and Olivia both like to push the elevator button and compete to push it first.  He runs faster so unless he's distracted he pushes it first.  Anyway, as soon as I step outside our apartment, Olivia fully extends her arm with one little finger pointing (in other words, she's elevator-button-pushing ready) even though we're still several turns and long hallway away from the elevator.  
Take my word for it, it's insanely competitive and funny for a 1-yr-old.
the asking-for-a-bite-of-whatever-you-have face

6 comments:

katy said...

LOVES!!! I can't stand how smart and sweet she is.

StefanieJinelle said...

Oh my heck. She's SOOO stinking CUTE! Cute & Smart!! You and Dustinn are going to have to start beating those boys off of her with baseball bats! And Olivia is def RuthAnn's niece making the silly faces ;)

T&S

D said...

the other day I sat Olivia in my lap to get her dressed for the ward Christmas party. I got up and left without putting on her shoes because we still had a while before we left. So she burst in to tears, grabbed her shoes, and ran after me "dada!! dad!!"
she loves dressing up, and knows she looks cute

pennylutz said...

I love that you've been posting a lot. Your babies are so cute!! I'm glad you survived the snow...it's scary stuff. I'm still scared to get on a snowy road

jordyn said...

She's so cute and smart! Seriously there were kids at daycare who were 2+ and they didn't even know animal sounds. Peanut hates getting dressed/wearing clothes. Little miss is definitely all girl :)

The Wildes said...

What a funny girl, stylish AND competitive. I love these detailed updates of the kids, Val. It makes being so far away from my niece and nephew not so sad.