July 23, 2008

Life in the District

At Lincoln's Memorial, the walls are engraved with his speeches. Our favorite quote comes from a speech given during the Civil War:
Both [sides] read the same Bible and pray to the same God and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any man should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces but let us judge not that we be not judged.
On a lighter note, here's Bradshaw lovin the roll-away hotel crib. And...
WE SAW AIR FORCE ONE!
(Note the 3 specks in the picture.)

8 comments:

Pancho said...

I'm SO excited to see you! So I take it you found your camera. Did you? Sunday is my new favorite day this week! I love you all and look forward to seeing Dustinn and B-Rad and of course, YOU! I love you!

V said...

Hey sweetheart, I'm excited to see you too!
No, I didn't find my camera...this is still my phone-camera.

Pancho said...

good quality for your phone!

. said...

The first picture is really neat and artistic looking. I love it. I hope all is well on the East coast. How close do you live to Phil and Megan?

Lindy said...

AHHHH!! YOU'RE COMING TO UTAH!!! WHEN, HOW LONG, FOR WHAT? I love you! PS Thanks for updating-- it helps me breathe w/o my bubs:)

Katy said...

Your beautiful family makes me so happy!!!!

Especially that little rosy cheeked cherub :)

(No Dustinn...not you...THE SHAWMAN!!!)

V said...

Thank you Carrie, that is such a wonderful compliment! Just a little over a month until your baby arrives! We are SO excited for you.
We live about 15 minutes from Mang/Phil & Megan. It's wonderful. (And...they are such good friends to us....they babysat Bradshaw the other night. It was our first time leaving him...other than briefly during the day with family.)

V said...

Linders.
We are coming to see you of course!

Well...that's not the whole truth but part of it. Remember how we are going to Blaine MT with Dustinn's family in August? Well, it turns out the cheapest way to get there is to fly in & out of SLC (and drive to & from Blaine.) And I'm flying to SLC early to spend time with our family.