June 15, 2009

Camp-out

Camping was an all-around hit! Bradshaw was ecstatic to find Annie as soon as we arrived and rarely left her side.
He also took it upon himself to warn all the other kids about the fire. =)

We had AMAZING dutch oven desserts (and full-out pancake, sausage & egg breakfast in the morning!) One of the highlights of the trip for Bradshaw was seeing (and chasing) a toad. We only had one hiccup--Bradshaw was feverish at night--but we'd brought children's tylenol and it quickly cooled him off and then we all slept SO WELL (the sounds of the forest & the birds were very soothing.)


[one extreme to the other]


[Here's the infamous toad...but you can't really see him]


[Just us in the morning]

We hiked to some waterfalls that afternoon. Dustinn said at one point it was steeper than 45 degrees so I'm quite proud of our mountain goat skills. =)

And to top it all off, we returned home tothis text from Stefanie:
We know we are really blessed to have Stefanie in our lives. It always makes our day to hear from you, Stef! And [drum roll please] Stefanie is coming to visit in a couple of weeks. Any ideas of super fun things we should do?

11 comments:

Lindy said...

I found internet in Southern France! :) I love this post! I must admit that I've become more gullible and I thought that Bradshaw said "its not moving" and I flipped out. Then I realized it wasn't him... wow lindy. haha Anyways I love you and I can't wait to see the fam. 21 days!

StefanieJinelle said...

I laughed so hard when Bradshaw's marshmellow was on fire and he didn't even know! I'd like to comment that I am incredibly white as you can tell from that picture of me. And I didn't remember if I sent you that or not. Now, I know :]And Olivia is kicking really hard right now. She says hello. :] I can't wait to come out there!

. said...

How fun! Those videos really show off Bradshaw's cute personality!

Nonnie said...

What a great little camper! I am so glad he has found such a great friend in Annie, I wonder if he will always prefer older women? Polly and I just set up the teepee today and thought about how much fun Bradshaw will have in it this September! I hope we can access the blog in Europe or we will go through serious withdrawal. A la prochaine!

Pancho said...

How CUTE! I love Bradshaw's little squeal while he's roasting that marshmallow. I thought the twinkle twinkle singer has an absolutely adorable voice. Thanks for posting!

V said...

Oh Mom, Annie and Bradshaw are the same age.
(I think you are remembering the 4-year-old girl? She's blond too.)
Both families are neighbors, good friends, & in our ward.

First thing Bradshaw says in the morning is "Go Annie?" He also loves Annie's brother, Alex (3), who says, "Bradshaw would you like to help me set up the train tracks?" Bradshaw's in heaven.

D said...

The funniest thing about the marshmallow roasting is that bradshaw never wanted to eat one, just roast them and help daddy blow them out again. Dad never got to eat one either!

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

You're adopting! How wonderful! Just stumbled on your blog and thought I'd say hello :-)

Julie Bird said...

thumbs up for camping! I love camping! I'm dying to take Kaylie! I think she'll love it! I love the videos!!! cute belly shot- When is the due date?

Amy said...

Fun thing to do, get a pedicure. I loved getting a pedi when I was prego!

StefanieJinelle said...

Olivia is due September 24th. And getting a pedicure was around the top of the list :]