November 10, 2009

Day 10

Today my friend's car got towed (while it was sitting in our parking lot.) Major bummer.
After we got back from the impound lot we were talking about how, sometimes, if we recognize how the situation could be worse (ie if her car was actually stolen), then we gain perspective and are empowered with greater strength (and cheer) to handle the current situation.

We are very grateful for:

1. the good health of loved ones
2. the special dishes intrinsically associated with happy family memories. I made pumpkin pie today--it's never as good as my dad's. What's your favorite Fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas food?
3. the toys scattered all over the floor, the diapers filling our trashcans, the countless bottles waiting to be loaded in the dishwasher

4 comments:

Crystal Renee said...

Favorite Holiday food.. PUMPKIN ROLLS and POTATO SALAD! Yumms. I love those. Ha. My potato salad HAS to made by my mama for me to thoroughly enjoy it.

Poor friend and the tow thing. And yes, everything could be worse. I always try to look at situations and say, "Well it could have been worse" and it makes me feel better.

D said...

the pumpkin pie was very good! i loved it. pumpkin pie has always been one of my favorites.

Nonnie said...

Sweet Potato Souffle..... even though it is wicked bad for you. And who can forget how Nelson lamented over the one Thanksgiving where we had butterflake rolls instead of orange rolls? Never again, Nelson, never again!

Brad and Elisse said...

mum's pistachio salad... mmmmmmm.